Answered By: Joanne O'Farrell Last Updated: 19 Jan, 2018 Views: 27
The International Unit is staffed with helpful well trained people capable of assisting you with your needs. The unit is located in P Block at Newcastle Campus. The administration office is located in PG 18 and is open between 8.30 am and 5pm Monday to Friday to assist you.
The Multicultural Education Unit supports multicultural students who require assistance with an interpreter, advice on courses to improve your English language skills, advice about recognition of overseas skills and qualifications, seeking tutorial support or exam modifications.
Services for students
Services to assist students with their studies at TAFE are available for all students.
Free tutorial support (Adult Study Centres) is available at many campuses several days a week - often held in the library
Details vary at different campuses, so you should check with your local library for more information.
Photocopying, Printing and Scanning
• Photocopying, printing and scanning facilities are available.
• You will need your TAFEcard to photocopy/print.
• You will also need coins or notes to add value to your TAFEcard. Library staff are unable to provide change.
• Computers are available for your use. All libraries offer access to the Internet, online resources, Microsoft Office and Adobe programs, as well as other specialist software.
• You will need a USB drive or CD to save your work.
• You will be issued with a username and password shortly after enrolment. Keep a record of this as you will need it to access the Internet and your email on a TAFE campus.
• Wireless access is available in the library. Please ask library staff for details on how to login.
Prayer Rooms are available at most Campuses. Contact the Admin Office for more information
Cessnock : A study room in the Library is available if required.
Gosford: Contact the Administration Office. Ph: 02 4348 2204.
Glendale: A study room in the Library is available if required.
Hamilton: A block, Level 3
Newcastle: D block Ground floor room 4; P block first floor room 23
Singleton: Contact the Administration Office. Ph: 02 6578 7100
Wyong: Contact the Administration Office. Ph: 02 4350 2230
Need Help? TAFE Library Services
TAFE Library Services are happy to assist you in person, on the phone or via email.
Our webpage has links to:
- Library Locations/Contact details
- eResources (including eJournals, eBooks and eVideos)
- Referencing guides and much more.
TAFE NSW students can use any TAFE NSW Library.
Please contact us if you have any questions.