Skip to Questions

Ask Us! - Search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)...

Useful Tip: Can't find an answer? Submit your question in the box below

What services are available for International students?

Last Updated: Mar 16, 2016  |  23 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


International Unit
The International Unit is staffed with helpful well trained people capable of assisting you with your needs. The unit is located in P Block at Newcastle Campus. The administration office is located in PG 18 and is open between 8.30 am and 5pm Monday to Friday to assist you.

The Multicultural Education Unit supports multicultural students who require assistance with an interpreter, advice on courses to improve your English language skills, advice about recognition of overseas skills and qualifications, seeking tutorial support or exam modifications.

Services for students

Services to assist students with their studies at Hunter TAFE are available for all students.

Free tutorial support (Adult Study Centres) is available at many campuses several days a week - often held in the library

Details vary at different campuses, so you should check with your local library for more information.

Photocopying, Printing and Scanning

• Photocopying, printing and scanning facilities are available.
• You will need your TAFEcard to photocopy/print.
• You will also need coins or notes to add value to your TAFEcard. Library staff are unable to provide change.

Student computers
• Computers are available for your use. All libraries offer access to the Internet, online resources, Microsoft Office and Adobe programs, as well as other specialist software.
• You will need a USB drive or CD to save your work.
• You will be issued with a username and password shortly after enrolment. Keep a record of this as you will need it to access the Internet and your email on a TAFE campus.
• Wireless access is available in the library.  Please ask library staff for details on how to login.

Prayer Rooms are available at most Campuses.  Contact  the Admin Office for more information
Cessnock : A study room in the Library is available if required.
Gosford: Contact the Administration Office.  Ph: 02 4348 2204.

Glendale: A study room in the Library is available if required.
Hamilton: A block, Level 3
Newcastle: D block Ground floor room 4; P block first floor room 23
Singleton: Contact the Administration Office. Ph: 02 6578 7100
Wyong: Contact the Administration Office.  Ph: 02 4350 2230

Answered by Joanne O'FarrellBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Related content from Library Portal Home

    All questions answered here - even the silly ones!

    All LibAnswers are answered by real Hunter TAFE library staff, so we can only answer when we are open within 1 business day Monday to Friday. 

    Meanwhile, your question may already have been answered! Take a look at the suggestions that pop up as you type in the Ask Us! box (at the top of this screen) to see if there is a match or browse our topics