Skip to Questions

Ask Us! - Search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)...

Useful Tip: Can't find an answer? Submit your question in the box below

Is there support for students that have a disability at Hunter TAFE?

Last Updated: Mar 17, 2016  |  19 Views

Was this helpful? 1   0


Hunter TAFE provides Disability Services to eligible students. 

More information and contact numbers are available in the Disability Services website.

Students Seeking a Fee Exemption on the Basis of Disability

A student who is seeking a fee exemption on the basis of disability will need to provide one of the following, on the day of enrolment:
- a letter or income statement from Centrelink confirming receipt of Disability Support Pension with CRN
- a current Disability Pensioner Concession card with CRN
- documentary evidence of training support requirements.
This evidence must be a letter or statement from either a medical practitioner, an appropriate government agency or Disability Service provider, or a specialist allied health professional including a rehabilitation counsellor, psychologist, speech pathologist, occupational therapist or Irlen Diagnostic clinic.
The letter could be in the following form: "This is to confirm that (name) has a disability and the nature is such that training support is/may be required to complete their course."

Answered by Joanne O'FarrellBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Related content from Library Portal Home

    All questions answered here - even the silly ones!

    All LibAnswers are answered by real Hunter TAFE library staff, so we can only answer when we are open within 1 business day Monday to Friday. 

    Meanwhile, your question may already have been answered! Take a look at the suggestions that pop up as you type in the Ask Us! box (at the top of this screen) to see if there is a match or browse our topics